Music Industry Internship with DL Media
Established jazz, world music and singer-songwriter boutique publicity firm provides internships for highly motivated students interested in getting their foot in the door of the entertainment industry. Interns will learn every aspect of the album release process, including the most efficacious publicity, marketing, and advertising strategies used to promote a product in the music industry. In addition to learning the intricacies of the album release process, interning with DL Media is a great way to establish industry/label contacts to move onto other aspects of the industry.
- Prepping and mailing packages/press kits to send to media members
- XL docs and mailing list edits for album mailings
- Answering phones
- Maintaining databases in both Constant Contact and FileMaker programs
- Contacting and researching various media outlets to add to the database
- Creating, editing and laying out press releases and customized email blasts using Constant Contact
- Pitching various artists for tour press (in various tour markets) as well as pitching various artists to obtain press for their album
- Working in WordPress to update DL Media’s website with press releases, announcements, new content, etc.
- Bring the DL Media social networking sites up-to-date and maintain consistency in posting materials
- Migrating and organizing content for various online platforms
- Performing other new media/online marketing tasks (i.e. setting up targeted Facebook ad buys, posting press releases on various blogs, and setting up song streams, among other tasks)
- Attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Mac OS 10.7
- HTML experience is not required, but is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience using the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite as well as other basic programs
- Ability to talk on the phone with confidence and personality as well as the ability to effectively notate messages from callers
- Must have flexible daytime/early evening working hours, at least two days a week with a minimum of 12 hours a week
- Knowledge of new media/Web 2.0 a plus but not required.
- Having an understanding of WordPress is a plus but not required.
- Having a passion for music (specifically jazz and world music) is a plus, but not required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Matthew Jurasek | Account Publicist & New Media Associate
Maureen McFadden |Account Publicist & Operations Manager